Finally, a race that inspires competition through TEAM racing. Compete on teams to prove once and for all that your company is the fastest. Don't have a team?? No problem, the Chamber Challenge 5K is open to individuals as well.
The seventh annual Southern Tier Corporate Challenge Run/Walk will be held Thursday, June 22 at the Cattaraugus County Campus of Jamestown Community College. Challenge hosts, the Olean High School Sports Boosters and the Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce invite all organizations, businesses and companies to participate in this wellness event!
The event was created by GOACC with the goal of promoting team-building, fitness and friendly competition. "The Corporate Challenge allows local businesses to compete in a participative and competitive basis, while promoting fitness and corporate camaraderie," said Meme Yanetsko, GOACC Chief Operating Officer.
The race is open to both corporate and community teams. The challenge concludes with “Olean’s Largest Office Party” complete with individual awards: Fastest CEO, Fastest Man, and Fastest Woman; and community teams and corporate team awards: Fastest Male Team, Fastest Female Team, and Fastest Coed Team. Teams need to be determined before race -- as running or walking -- if competing as a team. Community Team is a team of friends, family, non-employment associates. Corporate Team is a team of employees of said company (this includes spouse if spouses’ employer doesn’t compete).
The registration fee is $20 per participant and if registered by June 8, includes a race promo item, refreshments, and entrance to Office Party with live music. The Most Spirited Team (determined by team dress coordination, cheering for all participants, spirit during the challenge). You may not have the fastest runners in the field, but your team can still come out a winner (and look great too!) by entering the Logo Design Contest. Let your creative juices flow and come up with a design that incorporates either the Series logo, full event name or any other element of the race (event location, city name, etc.). This is only a logo design. The winning design may be used in future events as the race logo.
Back again to this year’s challenge – THE CORPORATE CEREAL CHALLENGE. Event organizers are teaming up with the Olean Food Pantry and creating a food challenge among the companies in the Southern Tier. 2,896 boxes of cereal were donated last year. Special awards went to most boxes collected in total – Dresser-Rand Co. with 1117 boxes; and most boxes collected per employee went to SolEpoxy with 14 boxes per employee for a total of 1,001 boxes.
This challenge will be a part of the overall Corporate Challenge event. To be included in this challenge, STEP ONE -- please email email@example.com that your company will be collecting cereal; STEP TWO -- Cereal collected at your business now through June 16; STEP THREE -- Cereal turned in and counted at the Olean. The Challenge will have two awards: Most Boxes Donated and Most Boxes Per Employee Donated.
The 3.1-mile road race and 2 mile walk will run throughout downtown beginning and ending at JCC-Olean. Sponsors for the BlueCross/BlueShield of Western New York, The MOUNTAIN, Sanzo Beverages, and Constellation. From small companies to large corporations, the event will promote health, wellness and fitness among companies and their employees, families and individuals. For more information or registration details, please call GOACC at (716) 372-4433 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARTICIPANT registration form - Run/Walk*
CEREAL Challenge regsitration form
*If more than 12 participants, please let us email you the excel registration form.
Please call or email the information above.
Challenge Vendor Form
Printable FAQ Sheet
• Can we bring strollers? Jogging strollers can be used on walkers’ course only.
• Are pets allowed at the race? No pets are allowed.
• Do we need a team shirt? For an additional $2, you will receive an event t-shirt. However, if your team wants team shirts -- great! Remember, we are going to award the best team T-shirt. For those not choosing the event t-shirt, you will receive an event cooling towel.
• Do you have to run? No, walkers are encouraged and walk on the walk route.
• Can family members of employees be on a team? Absolutely, family members are welcome. We encourage you to be on your corporate team if they enter, but if not, please join a family member’s team.
• Is there a minimum/maximum for a team? No, the top 4 runners’ times will be calculated for team awards.
• How can non-athletic employees participate? In the best team spirit cheering section!
• Remember: No Glass / No Smoking.
•Where does the entry fee go? Entry fees are used to meet the operating expenses of the Corporate Challenge.
• Can I register on race night? We strongly urge teams/inviduals to registger before race night. However, registration does and will occur race night - race promo items are not guaranteed for those not signed up by by June 8th.
• Who is the beneficiary of this event? Both the Olean High School Sports Boosters and the Olean Food Pantry benefit with funds raised during the event.
EVENT PHOTO DISCLAIMER -- By attending GOACC events, you consent to having your image captured by official GOACC photographers and videographers. The resulting materials, including still photographs, video and audio recordings may be used by GOACC, without restriction, in news materials, promotional materials, on the GOACC web site and other properties.
Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce • 716-372-4433 • email@example.com