2017 Individual Times
CONTINUED SUCCESSES: Runs, Walks, and Cereal Boxes!
GREAT SUCCESSES ALL AROUND The unofficial run/walk count was 821 participants (841 last year) representing 41 companies. The cereal challenge has another great number with 2,424 cereal boxes to be donated.
The seventh annual Southern Tier Corporate Challenge Run/Walk was hosted by the Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce and the Olean High School Sports Boosters. The event was created by GOACC with the goal of supporting companies in creating internal wellness programs. The race was open to both corporate and community teams. The challenge concluded with "Olean’s Largest Office Party" with music by The Colonial Radio Media and Entertainment Group.
Chris Napoleon, Napoleon Engineering Services and Mary Freeman, Freeman Kelly were named fastest CEOs in the annual Southern Corporate Challenge. The FASTEST MAN was presented to __Owen Barber of Allegany Limestone Central School and the FASTEST WOMAN Kennedy Weisner, of Bysiek CPA.
Team Awards include: Fastest Male Team, Corporate Division – Cutco Corporation: Eric Hulbert, Christan Tanner, Eric Tanner, Mike Ksionzyk; Fastest Male Team, Community -- Eade Fitness, Paul Eade, Tom Bell, Pat Hardy, Jordan Smith; the Fastest Co-ed Team, Corporate Division – St. Bonaventure University: Christian Valento, Elizabeth Valento, Jeff Sved, Bridget Kehrer; the Fastest Co-ed Team, Community Division – Bysiek CPA: Kennedy Weisner, Ryan Signorino, Arnim Alexander, Kady Weisner; the Fastest Female Team, Corporate Division – Olean City School -- Cindy Johnson, Marni Finch, Joelle Perry, Tara Frederick; and the Fastest Female Team, Community, Casey Halwig and Hartle Funeral Home: Theresa Osgood, Denise Straub, Renee Giardini, Erin Austin.
Other specials awards include the Most Spirited Team - Neighborhood School of Dance; Most Walkers – ReHabilitation Center; and Logo Design Contest Winner -- Kel-Kur Electric.
The Chamber challenged companies to donate cereal to the Olean Food Pantry, with 2,424 boxes of cereal donated from ten companies. There were 973 boxes of cereal donated from the employees at Dresser-Rand and they were awarded the most cereal boxes donated award. With an employee to cereal boxes ratio of 1 to 14.19, SolEpoxy once again was awarded the most boxes (908) collected per employee. The company topped last year’s donation of 1 to 12.9.
Erica Dreher, GOACC membership outreach added, "As race organizers, we were happy of the support from Jamestown Community College, the Olean Food Pantry, and the City of Olean Police and Streets Departments. Once again, this event couldn’t have happened without their support and the support from the volunteers.”
The 3.1-mile road race ran throughout downtown beginning and ending at JCC-Olean. Complete race results for individuals and teams will be posted online at www.oleanny.com by Monday, June 26. Sponsors for the BlueCross/BlueShield of Western New York, The MOUNTAIN, Sanzo Beverages, Constellation, Thrive, and Cricket Wireless, Olean High School Sports Boosters, and GOACC. From small companies to large corporations, the event promoted health, wellness and fitness among companies and their employees, families and individuals. The next event for the Chamber is the Chamber GOLF Clasic on Monday, July 17. For more information, please call GOACC at (716) 372-4433 or by email email@example.com.
Printable FAQ Sheet
• Can we bring strollers? Jogging strollers can be used on walkers’ course only.
• Are pets allowed at the race? No pets are allowed.
• Do we need a team shirt? For an additional $2, you will receive an event t-shirt. However, if your team wants team shirts -- great! Remember, we are going to award the best team T-shirt. For those not choosing the event t-shirt, you will receive an event cooling towel.
• Do you have to run? No, walkers are encouraged and walk on the walk route.
• Can family members of employees be on a team? Absolutely, family members are welcome. We encourage you to be on your corporate team if they enter, but if not, please join a family member’s team.
• Is there a minimum/maximum for a team? No, the top 4 runners’ times will be calculated for team awards.
• How can non-athletic employees participate? In the best team spirit cheering section!
• Remember: No Glass / No Smoking.
•Where does the entry fee go? Entry fees are used to meet the operating expenses of the Corporate Challenge.
• Can I register on race night? We strongly urge teams/inviduals to registger before race night. However, registration does and will occur race night - race promo items are not guaranteed for those not signed up by by June 8th.
• Who is the beneficiary of this event? Both the Olean High School Sports Boosters and the Olean Food Pantry benefit with funds raised during the event.
EVENT PHOTO DISCLAIMER -- By attending GOACC events, you consent to having your image captured by official GOACC photographers and videographers. The resulting materials, including still photographs, video and audio recordings may be used by GOACC, without restriction, in news materials, promotional materials, on the GOACC web site and other properties.
Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce • 716-372-4433 • firstname.lastname@example.org